“The Universe is waiting for you to tell it what you want,” said the psychic. I had wandered into a tarot card reading shop while out walking my dog. I was going through a very difficult time in my life. My dad was very sick with a terminal illness and I felt lost; adrift within the current of life.
As I was being swept away by my emotions and the uncertainty of what the future would hold, the psychic told me exactly what I needed to hear at that very moment. Here are five ways for you to know the Universe is waiting for you to tell it what you want.
1. You are not grounded. You are feeling swept away with life’s events as they move you from place to place and each moment feels fleeting. Rather than being firmly grounded to the Earth (energetically and figuratively), you are adrift. You may experience symptoms such as daydreaming, feeling ‘spaced out’, sick, clumsy or forgetful. Perhaps you lack focus, are irritable or are physically, emotionally or spiritually drained. You carelessly move through your day-to-day life as external experiences seem to happen to you, without any seeming order or control. You are reacting to what’s happened rather than being present to what is.
2. You are harboring negative emotions. The body is governed by emotions, which are a very powerful tool that provides awareness of how we are reacting to each moment. The Spirit or soul of the body is made up of pure positive energy and is completely accepting and non-judgmental of every moment. The Spirit understands there is an ebb and flow to life and not every moment is a positive one. The ebb (or perceived negative points in life) are a gift for us to learn from, so that we may appreciate the flow (or positive parts of life). The Spirit does not experience negative emotions in response to the ebb as it is only capable of expressing love and acceptance. If you are continuously harboring negative emotions, your mind is ruling your heart and is drowning out the voice of your Spirit.
3. You are in resistance to what is. Negative emotions such as fear, anger and resentment are a symptom of resistance to the present moment. Fear signifies we are focused on the future and are fearful of the potential of experiencing pain; physical, emotional or spiritual. Anger and resentment signify a preoccupation of the past; we are angry or resentful of a past experience that happened to us. If you are focusing on the future or the past, you are not living in the present moment. Spirit only resides in the present moment.
4. You feel lost. You are in a constant state of uncertainty and confusion, questioning which direction to take. Divine interventions and meaningful coincidences will pass you by undiscovered. The Universe is on your side and is encouraging you to course-correct in every moment, however it all goes by unnoticed. You are unaware of your spiritual purpose and the path to find it is hazy and unclear. You grasp blindly around you seeking answers, even though each and every answer you seek is already inside of you.
5. You are indecisive. You are constantly faced with indecision, unsure of which step to take next and which route to follow. You blindly ask your friends and family for their advice, leaning on them to help you make your own decisions. You constantly finding forks in the road along your path and are never sure which direction to take. Wherever you are, you feel as if there’s somewhere else you need to be, however you can’t figure out exactly where that is. You do not recognize the importance of the journey nor find enjoyment in discovering your spiritual path.
If any of the above five points resonated with you, the Universe is waiting for you to tell it what you want. The good news is, the first step towards living your life easily and effortlessly, aligned with the flow of the Universe, is simple – Tell the Universe what you want!
The Universe is always with you, listening and patiently waiting to facilitate your manifestations and to co-create your best possible life. It does take some work on your part, to first dig deep within to find out what you truly want and what brings you the most joy, but once you have found your deep-rooted passions and desires, a fulfilling and absolutely gratifying life follows.
If you’re unsure where to begin, affirmations are a great way to initiate a conversation with the Universe. Affirmations are most powerful when said aloud rather than thinking them as thoughts. Start right now by simply saying aloud, “I trust in the Universe and release all resistance to what is. I joyfully align with the flow of the Universe.” Give it a try… amazing results will follow.